A blinded world, seduced by its influence, and without true understanding of God’s word, embraces flirting, obscenity, and sexual imagery without resistance. No one seems to say, “Stop! Enough is enough.” Women’s fashion increasingly entices and invites this stronghold. TV ads encourage and feed this stronghold. Hot, sex or sexy have become buzz words that replace the word, appealing. Pornography has even overtaken some of God’s elect.
Together these demonic enticers can reign havoc on every area–our marriage, our family, our ministry, our hope, our finances–in short, our entire future is at risk if we allow this demon in.
But how can we avoid this demon? It seems to have taken over the world. We are always battling and trying to resist its temptation. What more can we do?
1. Grab an accountability partner quickly. Listen, share stories, and be there for them as well.
Romans 15:2 We should help others do what is right and build them up in the Lord.
2. Shut off every entrance in your heart and your life NOW. Demand quality media glorifying to God. Good wholesome programming, media, books, and so forth will keep your goal of resistance in tact and send a message.
3. Resist temptation vehamently. Speak up, The only way for pornographic influence to succeed is through our finances. Stop buying products that are meant to illicit a sexual or lustful response. If producers of pornographic media are failing financially, they won’t continue to produce it.
1 Corinthians 10:13 There isn’t any temptation that you have experienced which is unusual for humans. God, who faithfully keeps his promises, will not allow you to be tempted beyond your power to resist. But when you are tempted, he will also give you the ability to endure the temptation as your way of escape.
4. Do not give the stronghold of pornography more time than it deserves. Do not fear this stronghold. It has no hold over you when you place God, others, and even yourself above it.
1 Peter 5:8-9 Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. 9 Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sistersall over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are.
5. Learn and teach others [particularly your children] about the joy of true love, and sexual purity in marriage. Worldly decadence can never compare and can only lead to death.
Psalm 51:13 Then I will teach your ways to those who are rebellious, and sinners will return to you.