The stronghold of division seems to be taking over our families, our businesses, our churches, our country, and our thinking. With many choices comes confusion. With confusion comes division. It’s easier for Satan to pick off God’s people if we are in a state of confusion.
Division has been used by the enemy since the beginning. In fact, most tactical military leaders know the value of dividing to conquer.
There is a right way and a wrong way to do things according to God’s Word and if we follow these ways, there is no division. Confusion would not be able to divide and conquer us. Our choices are easy. God offers us life and prosperity or death and destruction.
Rebellion, defiance, bitterness, false religion, jealousy, resentment, selfishness, and other strongholds can be caused by, or cause division. Division is never advantageous within the body of Christ. The twisting of, or dismissal of, God’s Word in certain areas of our lives has added to the confusion.
Division can only bring harm and separate a believer from God’s blessings. In fact, we can’t hang in the middle, or divide our loyalties, and expect to be blessed, or even to enter the kingdom of God.
1. Keep your focus on Christ in every area of your life. He is the one you follow and he is the one who teaches you. His teachings will guide your path and prevent you from division.
1 Corinthians 1:10-13 I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment. 11For it has been reported to me by Chloe’s people that there is quarreling among you, my brothers. 12What I mean is that each one of you says, “I follow Paul,” or “I follow Apollos,” or “I follow Cephas,” or “I follow Christ.” 13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?
2. Cultivate the fruits of the spirit. There are only two ways to follow. Whatever you cultivate in your life will prosper. If you cultivate evil you will harvest a crop of sins. If you cultivate the fruit of the spirit you will harvest blessings.
Hosea 10:13 You have plowed and plotted wickedness, you have reaped the [willful] injustice [of oppressors], you have eaten the fruit of lies. Because you have trusted in your [own] way and your chariots, in the multitude of your mighty men,
Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
3. Maintain unity and peace with your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.
Ephesians 4:3-6 Through the peace that ties you together, do your best to maintain the unity that the Spirit gives. 4There is one body and one Spirit. In the same way you were called to share one hope. 5There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6one God and Father of all, who is over everything, through everything, and in everything.
4. Seek truth. A religion that claims truth but confuses you and deviates from the Word is a cult. One lie leads to another and in order to justify themselves they use their own materials and prohibit followers to do proper research. Learn to recognize a deviated cult.
John 17:17 Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.
Revelation 22:19 If anyone takes away any words from this book of prophecy, God will take away his portion of the tree of life and the holy city that are described in this book.
Mark 12:24 Jesus said to them, Is not this where you wander out of the way and go wrong, because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God?
Romans 2:8 But for those who are self-seeking and self-willed and disobedient to the Truth but responsive to wickedness, there will be indignation and wrath.
5. Take your stand. Refuse to be moved. There’s an old saying that whoever doesn’t stand for something will fall for anything. The more you know the word, the less chance you have of being divided–the less chance you have of being conquered.
Ephesians 6:11 Put on all the armor that God supplies. In this way you can take a stand against the devil’s strategies.
Ephesians 6:14 So then, take your stand! Fasten truth around your waist like a belt. Put on God’s approval as your breastplate.
Mark 3:25 And if a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand.
Written by Christian author, Pola Muzyka.