The third incorrect type of belief (misbelief, unbelief) is disbelief. If this stronghold sets into our thoughts and actions, it shuts out all others thinking–we reason away unexplainable truth and/or cannot even conceive the possibility of truth in spiritual matters, nor can we have faith in anything except what we experience in the five senses. A host of disbelief is shocked when faced with a physically undeniable event that goes against what it perceives. The proclivity to believe in this host just does not exist even if physical evidence is presented.
This problem is evident when right brain or left brain hemispherical thinking and the inability to cross connect takes over. When human beings function only with brain matter thinking, spiritual discernment is impossible.
Disbelief does not expect credibility in spiritual matters. This incredulous stronghold of disbelief can creep into our lives, turning the most intelligent among us into simpletons. In spite of physically unexplainable circumstances in nature, science, or life in general, these disbelievers defy God.
However, as we develop more scientifically precise ways of dissecting forms of matter, the response to the existence of life must be: life has a creator, the universe is created, and the creator is omnipotent, ever existing, and far above His creation. He always will be. Intellectually denying this perfect creator can only push us further into a stronghold of disbelief and the more we resist God the more paganistic and regressed we become.
1. Get to know life in its complete complexities. Scientists and intellectuals who know life from the inside out cannot and will not deny the existence of God. However victorious for Christian thinkers this may seem, there is still the question of a three-in-one God.
John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Acts 3:15 But you killed the very Source (the Author) of life, Whom God raised from the dead. To this we are witnesses.
2. Leave arrogance behind. Admitting your vulnerabilities in limited thinking (without omnipotent thinking) will free you from disbelief.
1 Samuel 2:3 Talk no more so very proudly; let not arrogance go forth from your mouth, for the Lord is a God of knowledge, and by Him actions are weighed.
3. Get to know God through his Word. Jesus Christ is revealed throughout the scriptures both old and new testament.
2 Timothy 3:16 Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God’s will in thought, purpose, and action),
4. Keep in close contact with God. The more we know about God and his creation, the easier it is to submit to the existence of God ever-present in three persons.
1 John 5:8 and there are three witnesses on the earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree [are in unison; their testimony coincides].
James 4:8 Come close to God and He will come close to you. [Recognize that you are] sinners, get your soiled hands clean; [realize that you have been disloyal] wavering individuals with divided interests, and purify your hearts [of your spiritual adultery].
5. Submit to God, his provision for your salvation through Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit’s guidance. Without submitting to God it is impossible to understand and discern spiritual matters.
Romans 8:7 [That is] because the mind of the flesh [with its carnal thoughts and purposes] is hostile to God, for it does not submit itself to God’s Law; indeed it cannot.
Written by Christian author, Pola Muzyka.